Thursday 3 March 2016

What I Ate Today #2

Good morning!

Today started off in a really great way. But before I tell you, I have to come clean about last night: I made a huge mistake by going to bed late, and with the kitchen in close proximity, I went there and ate a total of about 500 calories --a mini binge. Completely unnecessary and preventable by going to bed at a more reasonable time.

I'm still not unhappy about yesterday's intake. Seeing as I have been regularly (lately) eating 3,000 or so calories a day and eating anything and everything indiscriminately, ~2,000 calories is NOT so bad! And the best part is that I know that I can stop that kind of eating by going to bed --or at least to the bedroom-- at about 8:30 or 9:00 p.m. so as to avoid the temptation of the nearby kitchen.

I woke up at around 6:45 a.m. this morning. I knew I had to make a change and go to the gym --I usually tell myself I will go later in the day, but often get off to a bad food start and then skip altogether because I feel bad about myself. So this morning, I decided I had to go no matter what.

After getting dressed, I noticed I had a lot of anxiety about going. Working out at home that early would have been outside of my comfort zone, but getting up and going to the gym was downright anxiety inducing. So I pulled out my phone and meditated for a good 10 minutes with the "Calm" app. It is an amazing meditation app that offers a variety of "scenery" videos and sounds to help silence the mind.

It worked!!

After that, I got up and went to the gym, where I stayed for 45-50 minutes, doing cardio on the Arc Trainer and burning a total of 400 calories. 

Yay! Very proud of myself.

Now, I'm eating breakfast, which is 1.5 tsp of Rolo hot chocolate powder and a packet of oatmeal! I'll likely drink some tea after, as well. Have very high hopes for today.

Intake:

Breakfast: 1.5 tsp Rolo hot chocolate powder (40), 1 packet oatmeal (160)
Lunch: Big bowl of soup from yesterday (200), sandwich (230), Jello (16)
Dinner: four cups of popcorn (124), 12 fresh small nacho chips (idk... 150?), a sandwich (230), a boiled egg (80), some soup (50), leftover piece of burrito (250?) ....FAIL
Snacks:one medium-large banana (110), one tbsp peanut butter (100 ... didn't realize this was so high!!)

One egg white (17), mustard (0), sriracha (5), pickle (5), celery (5)

Total: 1772 /1400 :(

Exercise: 

400 calories burned on Arc Trainer


 I want to start writing down ways I could improve. One big thing is the bagel thins... they have 160 calories, but thin buns from Weight Watchers only have 100. The oatmeal packet comes with a lot of sugar, so if I could get my own rolled oats, then I could save calories there too and use stevia. The peanut butter has a ton of calories. I've heard of a thing called pb2 and I don't know if I can get it here, but that has far fewer calories. 

And here's some inspiration from my favourite model:


No comments:

Post a Comment