Wednesday 2 March 2016

What I Ate Today #1

I live for new beginnings. It's so nice to start something new: a new project, a new routine, a new job. Oh the sense of purpose that comes from having a purpose and a deadline, I can almost hear the whoosh. My goal is lose weight, gain definition (look toned), get better skin, and my deadline is as soon as possible.

Weight: __ Couldn't bear the scale. I let go and ate lots of junk the last few days thanks to emotional stress. Around 150, though.

Intake:

Breakfast - Nothing
Lunch - Big salad: half a head of romaine, a cup of cut cucumber, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, two boiled eggs, 1/8 cup walnuts, and 2 tbsp honey dijon dressing (500)
Snacks - packet of oatmeal, 1.5 tsp hot chocolate powder (200)
Campbell's light tomato soup (100)
10-calorie jello, one strawberry (16)


Dinner - OMG! Ate the best dinner ever. I made vegetable and bean soup (70) and had a bagel thin (160) with two slices of veggie bologna (40), some lettuce and sriracha (10), and 1/2 tbsp of whipped mayo (20) (300 altogether!)

Midnight snack: bagel thin + two veggie slices + 1/2 tbsp mayo (220) Soup (75) Jello (16)

Total: 1,427 <-- happy w/ this!

Recipe for the soup: 

Ingredients:
Green cabbage leaves, kale, carrots, can of pinto beans, celery stalks, veggie bullion cube

I sliced about three cabbage leaves, three large kale leaves, 1/2 small can of pinto beans, 1.5 celery stalks, and put everything in a medium pot of hot water with the bullion cube. In retrospect, I might have used 2/3 of the cube instead of the entire thing as one bullion cube provides 80% of daily sodium intake. Keep in mind that I ate maybe 1/4 of the soup for dinner, so I didn't get that much salt but I'd still rather get less. I cooked the whole thing over medium low for maybe 10-15 minutes. 

Exercise: 

TBA - Snow storm so can't exactly go to gym, but will do something at home

~~~~

LOVE Dolcefoodie on Youtube and her ASMR eating videos. So relaxing & satisfying! This is a recent sandwich one but there are loads on her channel




No comments:

Post a Comment